Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-09-2009, 03:27
lmg2112

has this been repiled to already? yes this is the Van show I was @ that gig!!
Old 25-09-2009, 03:30
Born to end

The Ticketmaster reviews are up, too. 8 of us with, naturally, 5-star reviews!

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/74...3#BVRRWidgetID
Old 25-09-2009, 03:38
lmg2112

wow ticket master wrote a review?! cool.

Nico Vega were awful why did the Manic's choose them as support?
Old 25-09-2009, 03:54
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

sounds like a great night. I am so insanely jealous i so wish i could be at these gigs. Do you generally not have barriers at your gigs in the US and Canada, therefore not have to put up with lots of blokes in neon yellow t-shirts sticking their heads right in your view?

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 25-09-2009, 05:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg2112 View Post
wow ticket master wrote a review?! cool.

Nico Vega were awful why did the Manic's choose them as support?
Nice reviews on ticketmaster there! The Commodore was a cracking place .. and Vancouver .. what a city

I am definitely out on a limb with the liking of 'Nico Vega' huh ... hahaha. I truly didnt hate them. I posted more indepth on that thread ... but I've definitely seen worse bands
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 25-09-2009, 05:20
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeToDeath View Post
sounds like a great night. I am so insanely jealous i so wish i could be at these gigs. Do you generally not have barriers at your gigs in the US and Canada, therefore not have to put up with lots of blokes in neon yellow t-shirts sticking their heads right in your view?
I was expecting one at The Commodore, but thankfully it wasn't there this time. Depends on the band, I guess. If the crowd is expected to be on the mature side, there's no need for it - and I don't believe there was, no pushing, surfing, or slam-dancing occurred.

Neumo's is a really small club, so I doubt they ever have one - but I'd never been there before Monday night, so don't quote me on that.
Old 25-09-2009, 05:36
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeToDeath View Post
Small club shows don't generally have barriers. At a lot of places the crowd can literally touch the performers on the stage if they so choose. About the only thing that separates you is the monitors a lot of the time.

The Manics aren't well known enough, over here, to have security protecting the stage.
Old 25-09-2009, 19:55
deb

[QUOTE=rockpants;1830177]I threw up some shots on my FB page. Let me know if the link doesn't work. They're not all fantastic (point-and-shoot + marginal skill) but some managed to turn out pretty good.

You got some really good pics - I love the one of James looking back towards Sean.
Old 29-09-2009, 22:54

I don't think this link/pics have been posted here yet, from Keri's Vancouver Concert Photos - good stuff!: http://planet-keri.blogspot.com/2009...tember-22.html
Old 05-10-2009, 01:56

Not sure if this interview with Nicky from Vancouver has yet been linked, looks newly posted: http://rockmusic.suite101.com/articl...ith_nicky_wire
Old 05-10-2009, 03:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
Not sure if this interview with Nicky from Vancouver has yet been linked, looks newly posted: http://rockmusic.suite101.com/articl...ith_nicky_wire
What a cracking interview. The questions asked of Nicky really (in a good) poke some answers out of him. The Q&A surrounding coming back to America was really interesting and how humble of Nicky to be shocked that "people are even showing up". If I weren't enough of a Manics obsessed fan prior to this tour, this has really made me see what a band once again in love with its fans the Manics, at least appear, to be. The amount of time theyre spending with folks signing stuff (that was fun about what Nicky said about signing old singles in Seattle), chatting and just seemingly having a decent time of it all, is awesome.

Some excellent quotes about his relationship and memories of Richey. Always nice to read

Completely enjoyed reading that .. thanks much for posting.
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 15-10-2009, 08:51
An imitation of dignity

Greetings from Houston...I was at the show in Seattle and Vancouver(Christ I'm tired of saying this!!!)..but I just had to stop by and leave this cccomment because all of the bits and pieces about NYC and Boston are ruining it for me..they're bitching about people pushing and shoving and we had NONE of that..did we?..And I'd like to remember my trip as one that was pretty amazing..