Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 31-08-2011, 18:32
Bored out of my mind

He! He! I've been umming and aahing all day but still gone and bought it! So it's the SUPER DELUXE one that I need. Darn.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 31-08-2011, 18:33
Doors slowly closing

fair enough Bathtub, i understand that many here wish to have everything - a shame the band and label don't appear to hold too much respect for fans like that.

actually, i think this "deluxe" (if you can call it that) version of National Treasures exists purely to make the PFAYM box set the most excellent thing ever in comparison. except musically.
blog
Old 31-08-2011, 18:38
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
fair enough Bathtub, i understand that many here wish to have everything - a shame the band and label don't appear to hold too much respect for fans like that.

actually, i think this "deluxe" (if you can call it that) version of National Treasures exists purely to make the PFAYM box set the most excellent thing ever in comparison. except musically.
Starstuck

I know you're a Wildhearts fan. Try this http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheart as its much better value for money. Shows what artists not tied to a label can offer their fans.
Old 31-08-2011, 18:43
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
I'm listening to Postcards right now!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 31-08-2011, 18:55
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I'm listening to Postcards right now!
actually i had it on in the car earlier this week - it's a mostly good album but please let us not quarrel again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
Starstuck

I know you're a Wildhearts fan. Try this http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheart as its much better value for money. Shows what artists not tied to a label can offer their fans.

i have never heard of Ginger Wildheart in my life. sorry, not sure who you have me confused with. meanwhile, what he's doing there is an absolutely excellent idea, good luck.
blog
Old 31-08-2011, 19:00
Bored out of my mind

Mostly, eh? You're getting there! A few more years of listening and you'll realise how fab it is!
Old 31-08-2011, 19:01
Bored out of my mind

Got an email from Townsend about the version with the poster. Should have checked my inbox first! Will see what price they are asking!
Old 31-08-2011, 19:02
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Mostly, eh? You're getting there! A few more years of listening and you'll realise how fab it is!
oh fudge, here we go again....

it should have been cut down to a 10 track album, SKON was OK but should never have been a single, that one Nicky sang was certainly one that should have been cut.......
blog
Old 31-08-2011, 19:09
Bored out of my mind

Right, ordered that deluxe version as well. That's it for me. Looked at the Postcards memento's box there but decided I'd best not!
Old 31-08-2011, 19:11
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
oh fudge, here we go again....

it should have been cut down to a 10 track album, SKON was OK but should never have been a single, that one Nicky sang was certainly one that should have been cut.......
He! He! I do listen to Future with a 'Is it finished yet?' thought going through my head in anticipation of Don't Be Evil!
Old 31-08-2011, 20:57
Winterlover

Future is one of the best songs on the album.

Just in case you really, really desired to hear my particular opinion expressed randomly in a thread about something completely different.
Old 31-08-2011, 21:02
Bored out of my mind

I like the music part of Future, definitely!
Old 31-08-2011, 21:11
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Future is one of the best songs on the album.

Just in case you really, really desired to hear my particular opinion expressed randomly in a thread about something completely different.
as certain people on here (heya Gutless Wonder) would argue that every song on PFAYM should have been released as a single, in some cases (SKON) twice, and thus they should all feature on National Treasures, i would suggest that your comment is entirely on topic.
blog
Old 31-08-2011, 22:04
Administrator

Aye, let's stay on topic!
Old 31-08-2011, 22:32
Builder of routine

i've just been on the official site and seen a fan post about the boxset being 200 quid??????? totally justified. It'll have a mirror and a lipstick after all