Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old Yesterday, 15:28
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Months later and after the recent backlash against Jo Brand for joking about throwing acid instead of milkshakes over the likes of Nigel Farage, Iím still waiting for JDB to wise up to what a vile lyric this is in the current climate of acid attacks occurring and ruining lives on a regular basis.
And censorship rolls on.
Old Yesterday, 16:26
An imitation of dignity

Censorship is the suppression of ideas. Dancing Kirby is hoping James shows a little sensitivity. Very different things.
Old Yesterday, 19:46
Freed from the century

One thing I've always found odd about that line is that in the GT booklet it runs as per the famous Burrough's quote "in the Mona Lisa's face" but as far as I know it's always been "your face" including in the pre-GT demos and other versions.
I guess getting hung up on the accuracy of booklet lyrics isn't a very worthwhile use of time though.
Old Yesterday, 20:32
Builder of routine

The Manics never called for MPs (Kill A Tory Before They Kill You I think was title) to be killed so defeated own point about Killdren response, dropped from Glastonbury slot etc, milked publicity.
Killdren probably don't have a politics degree!
That must be really unusual for a Festival corporate money no enslavery money corporate Festivals to drop an act from bill.
This should also go in another thread but the Loaded, Select and other 90's magazine's influenced the fuck out of how Boris Johnson used to present himself.
So do reckon we're getting "Sweet Child O'Mine (is it Of or O?)" this Autumn then?
Old Yesterday, 21:47
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Months later and after the recent backlash against Jo Brand for joking about throwing acid instead of milkshakes over the likes of Nigel Farage, I’m still waiting for JDB to wise up to what a vile lyric this is in the current climate of acid attacks occurring and ruining lives on a regular basis.
He doesn't sing it. Stops at I laughed. Has done that for years. He's said he's uncomfortable with it in the past....
The line is barely intelligible anyway ...likely most people are unaware of it these days ...hardly the latest hit is it?