Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-10-2013, 18:15
I am purity, they call me perverted

The comparisons to TIMTTMY.....

I know I've read a few, but finally I've had a few days to fully digest the album, and I’m ready to reflect on it a lil bit. I can kind of see where the comparisons come from, (the elegiac pop sound, etc.) but I think this record is light years better than Truth. Honestly that is probably my least favorite Manics record ever. I mean there are a few good tracks (2 of which are b-sides), but overall I never really liked that record. I think also that this is a much more cohesive album as a whole too. I never made it through too many listens of Truth because I feel like the whole 2nd half just drags, and I kind of feel the same way about this record, but it doesn’t bottom out like Truth did for me. Anyway I like it, and when I heard the comparisons to Truth before I heard the record, my expectation were pretty low, but I'm glad I was plesantly suprised.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:04
I live to fall asleep

You have to place TIMT in context and appreciate the fact that it is very much a post-Brit Pop album written by a band that had commercial success and wanted more of it. Albums in those days were fucking long and produced to the high heavens and that's how it sounds to me now. I agree that the BAG, INW, and BN tracks drag but TABDOMS, NLY, YTAYT, and even SYMM still sound great to me. I do think it's a very strong album and one I listen to pretty regularly.