Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 11-09-2018, 09:10
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
£100? Well, can I just have a 2CD/DVD version alongside it please? Optimistic about Friday but mainly looking forward to something I'm out priced over!
Old 13-09-2018, 11:38
An imitation of dignity

It would make sense that the plans around celebrating TIMTTMY’s anniversary may have been delayed, what with Nicky’s personal situation.
My 2p would be on a physical release later this year, with an “anniversary” tour in 2019...
Old 14-09-2018, 09:25
Bored of being bored

There's been quite a lot in the music press about Tolerate and TIMT's 20th anniversaries - it would be such a shame if they decided not to mark it in any way.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:54
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyLie View Post
It would make sense that the plans around celebrating TIMTTMY’s anniversary may have been delayed, what with Nicky’s personal situation.
My 2p would be on a physical release later this year, with an “anniversary” tour in 2019...
Nothing wrong with a 21st anniversary tour! Paul Draper did that for Attack of the Grey Lantern this year and will do for Six next year. I'd definitely be up for TIMTTMY live next year - though I must admit I'd prefer a new album, but so soon after RIF that's unlikely.
Old 14-09-2018, 13:05
Bored of being bored

I don't think TMTTMY warrants a Tour because the singles have been played enough, apart from the TE, it's not that good anyhow or pivotal.
Old 14-09-2018, 13:46
Doors slowly closing

The slience is deafening!

Oh well, Happy 20th Anniversary TIMTTMY.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 14-09-2018, 13:55
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
I don't think TMTTMY warrants a Tour because the singles have been played enough, apart from the TE, it's not that good anyhow or pivotal.
Don't agree - it was the album that proved they could cope without lyrics from Richey or sympathy regarding his disappearance from the press/public. It was quite a dividing album among critics and fans but looking objectively at it, it's the best produced album by a mile; so many layers, lots of space used in some of the songs and a lot more subtlety in the arrangements than heard before. It was also their most experimental, especially in the second half. They've not done anything like I'm Not Working, SYMM or Born a Girl before or since.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 14-09-2018, 14:38
Knowlede Is Power

Yeah I’m not sure it’s worthy of a tour but a St David’s (2002) style gig would be pretty welcome. Get the strings out for an acoustic first half and then a rocky second part.

Think that’s it though for TIMT 20. Guess they might do one or two non-singles for the Absolute Radio gig but that’s it.
Old 14-09-2018, 14:40
Knowlede Is Power

Thinking about it, we were quite spoilt with the 2000-2005 gigs. A lot of rare stuff (both at the time and now) got outings. Probably the most diverse setlist era.
Old 14-09-2018, 22:26
Bored out of my mind

Happy 20th Anniversary This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours! The album that introduced me to the Manics!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 15-09-2018, 06:57
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

It's looking as though a tour is less likely now. Not necessarily a TIMTTMY in its entirety but I though we would have got a European/UK/Irish tour. I've been holding out for an announcement and have put booking a holiday on hold until we got some confirmed dates.

I really hope we at least get a reissue of the album. After all the 10th Anniversary was overlooked.

Old 15-09-2018, 07:24
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

There's always a Polaroid gallery in Tenby if anyone's interested?

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 15-09-2018, 08:25
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
There's always a Polaroid gallery in Tenby if anyone's interested?
I would definitely go to that if I was nearer to it. In a way it does have a certain connection to the TIMTTMY campaign with its album/single artwork built around polaroid-style photo framing. I think I even spotted a few pics online at the gallery that were from that era.

So it might be seen as a ‘stealth launch’ of the TIMTTMY 20 campaign... with the album re-release coming later...

Again... “yeah, I know... ”

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 15-09-2018, 12:47
Bored of being bored

So disappointed nothing is planned!

Loved the holy bible and everything just go box sets.... generation terrorirsts was decent too although I’d prefer the 12” box like the others. But first with GATS overlooked and now nothing for TIMT....

And this is an album that they got SO MUCH stuff. Promo pics, polaroids, alternative versions, plenty of bsides, remixes and unreleased stuff.
Old 15-09-2018, 13:04
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Well I'm still holding out for awards pre or post ceremony. But could never happen.