Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Culture Sluts > The Queen Nick

Old 09-02-2008, 12:29
I live to fall asleep

if you lost your qualification certificates...

...can you get replacement ones from the examining bodies?

ive got some university interviews next month and have been asked to bring along certificates covering any relevant subjects (GCSE Mathes, English, A Levels and my BA degree). GCSE's and A Levels was quite awhile ago and ive lost them, although i DO have this little slip which looks like paper you usually get doctors' prescriptions on, which has my grades and subjects on them, but says at the bottom 'this document is NOT a certificate'.

ive emailed the exam boards and am awaiting reply, but im a bit nervous cos im desperate to get onto this new course. can anyone enlighten me on this matter?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:32
A self-made vacuum

You should be able to get copies from your school / college (although they may only keep records up to a certain date I guess).

But yes, you should definitely be able to get copies from the examining boards themselves. I'm sure we had to do this for a client at work recently, and he had took his exams years and years ago too. They'll probably be a charge though (I don't have a clue how much).

No souvenirs, no symphonies
No dead feelings

Last edited by Lucyloo; 09-02-2008 at 12:46. Reason: Bad use of English
Old 09-02-2008, 12:34
Winterlover

i know for the sqa in scotland you just have to pay 17 or something and you can get new certificates. i'd presume it was the same for whoever england's exam board is.

actually that reminds me, i need to find mine!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51
Footprint of history

i thought it was like 25 for a new copy? I lost my standard grade one but just waited until I had my highers one. no way was i paying.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:55
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding pepper View Post
...can you get replacement ones from the examining bodies?

ive got some university interviews next month and have been asked to bring along certificates covering any relevant subjects (GCSE Mathes, English, A Levels and my BA degree). GCSE's and A Levels was quite awhile ago and ive lost them, although i DO have this little slip which looks like paper you usually get doctors' prescriptions on, which has my grades and subjects on them, but says at the bottom 'this document is NOT a certificate'.

ive emailed the exam boards and am awaiting reply, but im a bit nervous cos im desperate to get onto this new course. can anyone enlighten me on this matter?
That's what I've used, for both my GCSEs and A-levels. Having said that, I have my BA and PGCE certificates, which I wouldn't have been able to get without my GCSEs and A-levels, so they're not to jazzed about them.
Old 09-02-2008, 13:03
Under neon loneliness

Some exam boards will only issue replacements if you can present either badly damaged certificates or a police note showing they've been stole.n. Or an insurance document or whatever showing you've had a house fire. If you've actually lost them, sometimes you can never get them replaced, but for a fee the exam board will submit a "statement of results" which will serve as the same thing for all intents and purposes

I found this all out recently when I needed to present all my certificates for my new job and found I had no idea where any of them were... got them eventually, they were still at my school which I left 6 years ago!
Old 09-02-2008, 13:04
Doors slowly closing

I had in interview for postgrad study and they were really only bothered about my BA certificate,even though they said they needed GCSE and A level,which i didn't have on me.
Old 09-02-2008, 14:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
I had in interview for postgrad study and they were really only bothered about my BA certificate,even though they said they needed GCSE and A level,which i didn't have on me.
probably be best if i rang the uni's up and ask them if it's essential. i till have to pick up my BA Certificate cos i missed the graduation ceremony! what course was your post-grad? i hear that some courses are more strict than others. like if you were doing medicine, nursing or social work/care.
Old 09-02-2008, 15:26
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
probably be best if i rang the uni's up and ask them if it's essential. i till have to pick up my BA Certificate cos i missed the graduation ceremony! what course was your post-grad? i hear that some courses are more strict than others. like if you were doing medicine, nursing or social work/care.
Yeah,each course may have different requirements.Mine was in literature and the interview was basically a formality.
Old 12-02-2008, 17:54
I live to fall asleep

i just heard from the examining bodies. replacements cost a small fortune, and in the case of AQA, they cant do proper replacements unless you can prove theyve been stolen or destroyed (like in a fire or something) or damaged.

kids - DONT LOSE THEM!

or better yet, try contacting your old school/college for an official signed letter from the Examinations Assistant. mine was free. not sure how sufficient it is for my interview though.
Old 12-02-2008, 18:00
Builder of routine

Quote:
i just heard from the examining bodies. replacements cost a small fortune, and in the case of AQA, they cant do proper replacements unless you can prove theyve been stolen or destroyed (like in a fire or something) or damaged.

kids - DONT LOSE THEM!

or better yet, try contacting your old school/college for an official signed letter from the Examinations Assistant. mine was free. not sure how sufficient it is for my interview though.
oh christ i've no idea where mine are hope i don't lose me job!