Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Culture Sluts > New Art Riot

Old 20-12-2007, 23:20
I'm just a patsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
Does she get some type of award? Jon smothered in chocolate tied to her bed maybe? Or Jon just arranges her cuttlrey drawers for a year
I haven't actually thought of what award she should get
Ah well I'm sure she could use her vivid imagination

"If you look after the sport the money will follow you, if you look after the money you'll kill the sport.''
Old 20-12-2007, 23:25
Mr Msppedia

You should buy her some Dyson airblades at the very least!
Old 20-12-2007, 23:27
I'm just a patsy

Quote:
You should buy her some Dyson airblades at the very least!
Yeah I have no idea why I should but I assume it's part of his routine.
Will get them tomorrow

"If you look after the sport the money will follow you, if you look after the money you'll kill the sport.''
Old 20-12-2007, 23:38
Winterlover

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicKev View Post
Well Emma's long post was definitely post of the century
Nah, worst post of the day by far, probably. And where's Laura?!

I'm still happy though, so I don't care what anyone else thinks!

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 20-12-2007, 23:39
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmanics View Post

Ah come on it was great! And you'll live off Jon squee for a while yet

And as coincidence would have it I've just had a text from Laura and she's been throwing up since coming home from work bless her
Old 20-12-2007, 23:43
Winterlover

Quote:
Ah come on it was great! And you'll live off Jon squee for a while yet

And as coincidence would have it I've just had a text from Laura and she's been throwing up since coming home from work bless her
Aw, bless her cottons. *hugs to Laura*

I'm still living off the comments my workmates have made about my little moment. My favourites have been:

"Promise to keep in touch when you move to Swindon."
"Well I haven't heard of him, which means he's not famous enough to be out of your league,"
and my personal favourite...
"GET IN THERE!!"

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 21-12-2007, 12:53
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Aw, bless her cottons. *hugs to Laura*

I'm still living off the comments my workmates have made about my little moment. My favourites have been:

"Promise to keep in touch when you move to Swindon."
"Well I haven't heard of him, which means he's not famous enough to be out of your league,"
and my personal favourite...
"GET IN THERE!!"

Actually, I thought "Well I haven't heard of him, which means he's not famous enough to be out of your league," was quite a sensible comment to make
Old 21-12-2007, 13:12
Mr Msppedia

..apart from the fact he is on a national radio programme every week on the BBC, not just Swindon FM, has his own facebook appreciation group and does gigs up and down the country most days, been on tv a fair few times too, he's not famous at all!! But even if he was an A list Hollywood celeb Em would still be in there cause she is just fab!
Old 21-12-2007, 14:16
Intravenous agnostic

Quote:
I am about to ramble about it in a very excitable fashion... You have been warned...

Okay, well we got there early and decided to sit at our table, which was pretty close to the front, just to the side of the stage. The performers had to walk past our table to get to the stage, so we began debating whether we should shout "good news from Swindon!" or "love to your mothers!" as Jon walked past (we're all cowards and we did neither...). Anyway, we'd been sitting there for five or ten minutes when I spotted a curly-haired figure lurking at the back of the room. I narrowed my eyes for a better look. He was looking our way. I made a sort of high-pitched yelping noise and said: "IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!" Yes, indeed it was. Shorter than I thought he'd be and about twenty five million times more gorgeous in the flesh, there was the utterly adorable Jon Richardson, milling around by himself. So obviously, I decided I had to at the very least walk past him. Sadly, by the time I'd wandered over in his general direction, something had caught his eye on one of the tables and he was bending over (nice bum, by the way) to get a closer look. I didn't want to appear like a sad stalker, so I walked straight past, ran to the loo and texted Laura! When we came back he had gone, but he came back out at the start to announce Paul Kerenza over the PA system. None of us expected him to be announcing, so there was a bit of a: "We know that voice!" moment.

Paul was very funny and ended up bantering with Rhea over their shared gingerness. He introduced Susan Murray, who was funny, but we all agreed, not as good as the boys. For some reason, men can get away with her sort of humour better than women can. I don't know why, and I'm probably a sexist sod for saying so, but it's true!

Anyway, then Paul came back on and announced the first of two intermissions. My friend Lisa and I didn't dare get up from the table because we were staring at the stage door like soppy so and so's. As Lisa said: "A watched pot never boils and a watched door never has a Jon Richardson coming out of it." Except this one did. He was busy chatting to some of the team behind the event, so I didn't want to go dashing over like a loon. I mean, I did, but I chose not to... I mean, I really, really like this person. A lot. I don't want him to think I'm some sad, slightly obsessed fan. Aherm.

During the intermission I started dancing (whilst sitting down - it's a gift I have...) to a song, only for Lisa to start giggling. She pointed over her shoulder - Jon was doing pretty much the same dance, only on two feet! There's something stupidly cute about that.

Anyway, next thing you know, Jon was announcing the start of the second part of the show and Paul came on stage to introduce Steve Day, apparently the UK's only deaf comedian. I really liked him, and by the time Paul had announced the second and final intermission I was getting hoarse from laughing.

At the start of the third part of the show, Paul Kerenza was bantering with Rhea again. He asked if she spoke French and she said a little bit, so he said: "Voulez Vous couche avec moi ce soir?" (I realise my spelling is probably all wrong there, but my French GCSE was a while ago now...) To which she replied: "Non!" So he said it again and added "avec votre amis?" And pointed to me (basically meaning can we have a threesome, you me and your mate?) and I became massively aware of Jon standing not very far away (having changed into a very nice shirt) and got all embarrassed.

Anyway, Jon was the headline act and he was brilliant. So, so funny and right about pretty much everything, too. He made a joke about OCD and said he likes to arrange remote controls in height order, which I do too! He actually moaned about Swindon and how boring it is there, and I wished I'd had the guts to say: "But it's convenient for the M4 and M5 and there's a good Morrisons nearby!" Again though, even though that's a running joke on the radio show, I was worried I'd sound like a stalker so I said nothing. He said: "I couldn't afford to live in Bristol on my own, so I thought: "I'll move to Swindon - it'll be cheaper if nothing else. It's cheaper. And nothing else."

He made me laugh by saying: "I think I might have OCD." You think?! He was also saying how he didn't like cats, which just made me want to sing the Cats In My Bins song.

Then... Well, then we had a "moment." Now, this may have meant bugger all to him, but it made my night and I have told everyone about it all day because basically I sort of fell in love with him. He was talking about being single and how it didn't really worry him and he wasn't looking for a girlfriend etc, when he turned and looked at our table. I was sitting facing away from the table, closest to where the acts walked past to get to the stage (obviously ) and he looked right at me, was silent for a second or two and then suddenly said: "Actually I would like a girlfriend..." And just sort of coyly smiled at me. So I coyly smiled back, because I was buggered if I was going to break eye contact first and for about three seconds (felt like three hours, frankly), we just smiled. Then he said "Anyway..." and carried on. Now, like I said, I'm not stupid enough to believe that he was thinking: "I want you to be my girlfriend" necessarily, but there was definately a "moment." Afterwards, he kept turning our way and smiling and I genuinely don't think there is a more perfect man in existance, now! I told my friend Rachael and she said: "Oh God, your crush thought you were cute, how else would you explain it?!" I doubt she's right, but still.... It made my night!

After the gig ended, we were milling about in the bar and I was merrily saying: "I actually love him," a lot, when I suddenly said to Rhea: "Oh God, he's over there, please say he didn't hear me say that..." And James tactfully said "Emma he's right behind you!" That was the moment that everyone told me to ask for a photo, but he has said on the radio that he gets a bit nervous after gigs and just wants to put his head down and hurry out, which was what he was doing. I want to clarify that I was attempting to be humorous when I said: "No I'm not asking for a photo... But we are going to follow him." We did walk out of the venue behind him, though, and he has lovely hair, so James is never ever allowed to mock his curls ever again.

So that's a slightly gushing, over-sentimental review from a girl who quite genuinely wants to marry Jon Richardson. *sigh* January 11th can't come soon enough, and this time if I see him milling about, I am going to say hi, because I want another "moment."

P.S. James, remember to text in on Sunday and ask if Jon is still writing a book about the whole "Am I Normal?" thing and whether he still wants people to e-mail that address with theirs. I'd do it, but I've got other things to say!
That is soooo sweet. You really do need to talk to him next time!
Old 21-12-2007, 15:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Laura I know your quite close to Nottingham so just to tell you Jon's doing a gig there on March 23rd
Ooh that's a Sunday too! Where's he doing the gig at?

Quote:

Sorry I was busy being ill

Glad you had a great time And I LOVE those sorts of 'moments'...he kept making eye contact with me at Leeds and when I couldn't stop laughing it seemed to make him giggle a bit. Too darn CUUUTE!

Quote:
..apart from the fact he is on a national radio programme every week on the BBC, not just Swindon FM, has his own facebook appreciation group and does gigs up and down the country most days, been on tv a fair few times too, he's not famous at all!! But even if he was an A list Hollywood celeb Em would still be in there cause she is just fab!
He's what I describe as 'semi-famous', therefore still pretty much unobtainable unfortunately, but one can dream
Old 21-12-2007, 15:55
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Ooh that's a Sunday too! Where's he doing the gig at?

He's what I describe as 'semi-famous', therefore still pretty much unobtainable unfortunately, but one can dream
I think it's at the Cabaret rooms, I'll have a look for the link now. And hey those dreams could come true, lets face it he'd be a lucky lucky so and so to have either you or Em!
Old 21-12-2007, 16:26
Mr Msppedia

Laura not only is it a Sunday but it's a bank holiday too!

http://www.justthetonic.com/index.ph...medy_partner=4

It's at a place called The Approach, situated just off The Market Square, opposite Walkabout
Old 21-12-2007, 16:39
Winterlover

Quote:
Aw, that's sweet of you to say. And frankly, I class NOBODY as being "unobtainable." People are only human, regardless of how famous they are, and nobody can say for sure that things will never happen. You don't know until you try. I'm not saying that means I will somehow seduce him, but I'm flat-out refusing to say I won't.

Quote:
Laura not only is it a Sunday but it's a bank holiday too!

http://www.justthetonic.com/index.ph...medy_partner=4

It's at a place called The Approach, situated just off The Market Square, opposite Walkabout
A bank holiday? Does that mean the Monday is a day off work? Hell, I'm tempted... Although I'd rather go somewhere more local, obviously. Only three weeks til Bristol...

Old 21-12-2007, 16:42
Mr Msppedia

Yep it's Easter Bank Holiday Monday! Hmm I'd be tempted too but who knows, might go to that Leicester gig though. And Em if the opportunity arose, go for it!! Life's way too short

When: 21:00 - Monday 31st Dec, '07
Venue: Cardiff Glee Club
Prices: Adult - 29.00
Comics: Jarred Christmas, JoJo Smith, Jon Richardson, Mark Watson

When: 21:00 - Thursday 10th Jan, '08
Venue: Bristol Jesters
Prices: Adult - 7.00
Comics: Jon Richardson, Paul Sinha, Pierre Hollins, Sarah Millican

When: 21:00 - Friday 11th Jan, '08
Prices: Adult - 13.00

When: 21:00 - Saturday 12th Jan, '08
Prices: Adult - 14.00

When: 20:30 - Thursday 24th Jan, '08
Venue: Birmingham Glee Club
Prices: Adult - 9.00, Student - 6.00
Comics: Glenn Wool, Jim Jeffries, Jon Richardson

When: 21:00 - Friday 25th Jan, '08
Prices: Adult - 13.00, Student - 7.00
Comics: Cole Parker, Glenn Wool, Jim Jeffries, Jon Richardson

When: 20:30 - Saturday 26th Jan, '08
Prices: Adult - 16.50
Comics: Cole Parker, Glenn Wool, Jim Jeffries, Jon Richardson

When: 21:00 - Thursday 14th Feb, '08
Venue: Leicester Bottle Rocket Comedy
Prices: 8.50 (6.50 concs)
Show: Jon Richardson: Spatula Pad

When: 20:30 - Sunday 23rd Mar, '08
Venue: Nottingham Just The Tonic
Prices: Adult - 7.00, Student - 4.50
Comics: Jon Richardson, Matthew Reed, Tom Wrigglesworth, Tony Law

Last edited by MSPKYE; 21-12-2007 at 16:45.
Old 21-12-2007, 17:01
Winterlover

All other nights...

Wadebridge Town Hall.
Price - to be confirmed
Comedians: Mark Watson, Russell Howard and Jon Richardson

Please note that Jon will be staying in Wadebridge with his wife and will not wish to be disturbed after the show...

Oh no, hang on... I may have made that up...